Monday, May 3, 2010

How To Find a Safe City

Hello and I hope you had a wonderful weekend! I haven't written for a while, I spent a few days in the same Gulf Coast region that is now very much in danger. As I sat on the beach Dolphin pods swam by playing and eating. Sea gulls flew overhead with their grace and prowess, little crabs hid in the sand peeking one eye out at the intruder in their territory! There was so much beautiful wildlife that it grieves my heart, as I'm sure it does yours, to think that these very creatures may not have much longer to thrive or to survive in their own environment!

Then I saw the horrendous damage being done in Tennessee and surrounding areas by the record breaking floods. I heard a young lady say "this is our first home and it is totally destroyed, and we have a baby coming in a few days". I hurt so much for those raising a family in these uncertain times. So much tragedy and chaos!!! To top things off, another terrorist or "non terrorist" attack, so says the Government spokesman, was thwarted in New York City. Anytime human life is in danger, to me, terror ensues. That is unless you know what I know today and I'm presuming you do, just let me talk about it for a few minutes.

"God is our refuge and strength,
always ready to help in times of trouble.
So we will not fear when earthquakes come
and mountains crumble into the sea.
Let the oceans roar and foam.
let the mountains tremble as the
waters surge!

A river brings joy to the city of our God
the sacred home of the Most High.
God dwells in that city; it cannot be destroyed.
From the very break of day, God will
protect it."

Psalm 46:1-5

I know in our hearts that we do think about why all this is besetting us. And we'll come upon the question, " Where is God in all of this?". He is more grieved over wildlife and human destruction than we ever could be. I can't tell you why these devastating things are happening. But I know where God is. He is in You. The truth is, that the only way we will live everyday with strength and hope is to believe what this Psalm depicts. There is a safe place. It is a city that God is so protective of that no matter what is happening in this present world, which He also created, He will not allow harm to come to that city. What you and I have to know is that the city being referred to here is not a city made with hands, this city is God's sovereign rule in your life. This place is the place within each of us where love is generated, because God is love, and where caring and giving to others is not a problem, it's just natural. If we can live our lives in that dimension of hope, we have no need to fear. Some call it the "Kingdom of God", indeed that's what Jesus Himself called it. When He prayed "Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven", He was bringing heaven down to Earth. He was making it possible for us to pray and receive the same in our own lives.

Dr. Rocco Errico, who is an internationally known authority on the Aramaic (Jesus' language) and Hebrew interpretation of the Bible and ancient Semitic culture, puts it this way, "When we say these words in sincerity, we admit that we desire God's wish to be on earth just as faithfully as it is in the heavens. By awakening this attitude within ourselves, we open our consciousness to the possibility of universal peace on earth. We prepare ourselves to receive and acknowledge the good that our loving Father constantly gives to us" Understanding this concept of God's will being carried out here as in Heaven opens something up in YOU!

Have you ever thought how God designed the Heavens and Earth to operate flawlessly? Again Dr. Errico, "Just as the elements of the universe move in harmony with their innate laws, so we too, need to flow with our innate spiritual powers. In this way we will live together in peace and harmony" Now this is God's desire, this is the city that He will protect no matter what, and it boils down to us.

If you're wondering, I have had a very enlightening weekend! And I hope I have shared this part of it adequately. I'll continue in my next blog entry. But one more thing! Just as the planets have their own orbit, so do we. If God cared to keep the planets aligned, don't you think He has a path aligned for us? As you pray "Thy Kingdom come...etc," you confess that you want to stay in your own orbit. When we understand what we are praying, "We allow the genuine inner Self to emerge and not collide with others." I like the concept that you are not a human being having a spiritual experience, but you are spiritual being having a human experience!

I have much more to say, but remember to stay in tune with that city of love where God rules. It is inside of you and just knowing that, activates it. Operate out of that place and you will not fear and God will guide you and protect you!!! Activate it today by encouraging someone else or lending a helping hand. The awesome love of the universe resident in this city wants to be expressed through you! I know this is true because I know most of you! I love all of you, and may you enjoy all of God's benefits as we pray for those who need this city.

With love
Roma Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment